The first Measuring Up Conference was a test. It worked! I invite you to join us again, or for the first time, for an interesting and relevant conference that deals with the issues you face every day, or may face in the future.
Measuring Up Two has much to offer. Our theme is “It’s the End of the World as We Know It.” Starting with our plenary speakers, we have:
- Tina Boesz and Gregory Friedman, the NSF IG and the DOE IG, respectively. Their talk last year was great! Who knew IG’s could be humorous! They are, but also will give you lots to think about.
- Suzie Humphreys. As her Web site says: Suzie Humphreys has been fired, been broke, been disappointed, been a petrified expectant mother at 40 years old and lived her life with a passion for learning not only how to be better, but to see things differently.
- DJ Vanas. As a Native American, he has a great message on diversity and what diversity is all about.
- Cliff Jacobs. NCAR’s program manager, section head at NSF, will talk about the history of FFRDC’s and the impact on our society.
- Kevin Trenberth. One of NCAR’s great and accomplished scientists, talking about climate change in an understandable way. It’s real, we need to face it.
In addition to all of that, we have great breakout sessions in Human Resources, Finance, Technology and Tools, Education and Outreach, Facilities, and Risk Management.
If you wander through our Web site, you will see that we have a lot to offer!
I hope that you can join us. I promise you will have a great experience.
I look forward to seeing you in April!