Visioning UCAR Today & Tomorrow
PC Panel Discussion
October 27, 2010
2011 L/A Program
L/A Schedule TBD
Developing our Human Capital
Leadership Academy Archives:
Leadership Academy Kickoff Presentations (10/07/2009)
Leadership Academy Alumni (sorted by year)
Previous Action Learning Projects
UCAR LEADERSHIP ACADEMY PROGRAM
"The Leadership Academy has changed my life!"
"I wish this program was available when I first became a manager!"
"I've become a more well-rounded manager and supervisor since participating in the Leadership Academy!"
The Leadership Academy Program is offered bi-annually. The next L/A Program is anticipated to be scheduled in FY15, budgets allowing. Program schedules and requests for nominations will be advertised and distributed to all staff once the next program offering is confirmed.
NOMINATION and SELECTION PROCESS
- The L/A Program is a bi-annual program (offered every other fiscal year).
- Requests for L/A nominations and course schedules announced 6 months prior to start of new program.
- All nominations must be submitted by Lab/Program directors, or their designates, directly to the President's Council who will make the final participant selections.
- 24 slots are available per program.
- For each nomination, include name(s), title, and lab/division/program, along with a brief statement highlighting candidate(s) match to nominee criteria.
- If more than one nominee is submitted, please include priority ranking.
- Final selections to be made by the President's Council based on nomination/selection criteria and an equitable, diverse balance of participants from across the organization.
- Directors and supervisors will be contacted regarding the PC's final selections.
- Directors and supervisors are to notify all their nominees of their selection status.
- Candidates who can't participate, can be wait listed in case of cancellations or future L/A programs.
- Selected candidates will be sent a welcome packet and detailed program information.
- Please send changes or substitution requests as soon as possible.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Nominees should...
- Supervise employees or have an influencing/impactful role.
- Demonstrated ability to perform significantly above the norm.
- Have potential to provide large organization leadership.
- Be able to attend the full L/A program.
- Have a desire to participate in the L/A program
- Additional Considerations...
-Previous L/A wait listed staffers
FEATURED PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- L/A program runs from October-June (see program schedule once available)
- Diverse blend of 24 participants go through the program as an intact group
- Engaging, experiential classes (limited to 2-3 days each month)
- Custom-designed curriculum (see detailed course descriptions)
- Value-added online/anytime resources to supplement learning
- One-on-one, private executive coaching sessions
- Supportive program and peer mentors
- Resourceful integrative discussion sessions
- Personalized development plans
- Per person investment costs TBD
Return to top
QUESTIONS & CONTACTS
For questions or further information, contact
Cheryl Cristanelli, x8708, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Darveau, x8703, email@example.com.
Return to top