- If you terminate employment with UCAR, you may
be eligible to receive unemployment compensation.
- Eligibility and benefit entitlements are
determined by the state unemployment compensation office in the
state in which you were employed.
- You are responsible for applying for your
unemployment compensation benefits.
- The state unemployment compensation office will
ask UCAR to verify the reason for our termination. A
representative of the Human Resources Department will provide
information based on the Notice of Separation completed by you
and/or your supervisor.
- UCAR reserves the right to appeal a decision
made by the state unemployment office. In situations where a
former employee is appealing the decision made by the state
unemployment office, UCAR may send representatives to an appeal
hearing to substantiate or contest the basis of the appeal.
- UCAR does not provide legal advice to employees
or former employees regarding unemployment compensation matters.
Return to top