Having trouble finding Day Care, Adult Care or Pet Care?
We can help! Bright Horizons provides this service to all UCAR employees.
Defining Back-up Care
Back-up care is temporary or short-term care for loved ones of any age when normal caregiving arrangements fall through. Back-up care (and other services)
is available for your four-legged loved ones, too!
Why Back-up Care?
- Employees have caregiving responsibilities for loved ones of all ages, healthy or ill, in all locations and at all hours.
- Often employees have to take their own sick days or vacation time to care for a loved one. In fact, about 1 in 4 unscheduled absences are caused by family issues.
- A backup care program enables employees to get to work when they experience breakdowns in their normal caregiving arrangements.
When is back-up care used?
- Last minute breakdowns in care (illness, unreliable caregivers, school closures)
- Predictable circumstances (holidays, summer break, caregiver vacations, surgery)
- Difficult to resolve situations (various locations, non-traditional hours, loved ones who live in other states,
aging parent issues)
To expedite your process, pre-enrollment is available. Please visit the Bright Horizons Web site for online registration or additional information.
If you have any questions about these programs, please contact Irena Haimsky, x8706, firstname.lastname@example.org.